The reason you should download Asus Zenfone Flash tool is to flash your device with stock firmware. The flash tools listed below work on all the devices of Zenfone series. This flash tool comes with a simple user interface, which means anyone can use it to flash stock firmware files on their Zenfone device. Just install this app on your computer, connect your device to it, and select the stock firmware file to launch the flashing process. Usually, these flash tools are not meant for backup. But ASUS Zenfone flash tool allows you to backup user installed apps from the device and also restore them to the phone afterward.
It must be patched using the Magisk Manager app on your Android smartphone. You may then root your device by flashing the modified boot image file with the Fastboot command. If you rooted your phone via the Magisk patched boot image, you could simply restore the stock boot and uninstall Magisk. Or, if you have installed TWRP recovery, you could use it to flash the official full firmware ZIP provided by Asus.
- The first time you get to the web interface, you’ll run into a wizard that walks you through a few steps.
- Quit paying $100/year for dropbox (and worrying about their security breaches).
- Here you can Download and install Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2 mobile device USB (Universal stock firmware file Serial Bus) drivers for free.
We would give our best to keep the links up to date for the latest ROM and boot images. Still, you can check this XDA thread for the latest links. Rob founded Techgage in 2005 to be an ‚Advocate of the consumer‘, focusing on fair reviews and keeping people apprised of news in the tech world. Catering to both enthusiasts and businesses alike; from desktop gaming to professional workstations, and all the supporting software. Once it’s copied, you can click on the Install button, search for the ROM, flash it, and then clear the cache and Dalvik.
So, if you are new to flashing and updating firmware then this guide is where you can start. But first, you need to download Asus flash tool from the download section and then check out the guide. Also, remember that both Asus Flash Tool and Asus Zenfone Flash Tool work the same, only the difference is that the Zenfone flash tool supports all the Zenfone but no other phones.
- A custom ROM, on the other hand, helps keep your device alive and updated with the latest version of Android.
- Among other things, you’ll be able to figure out what an Asus router can or cannot do via its model name alone.
- On this page, we shared a complete guide on how to download and install Custom ROMs, and stock firmware using Windows and Linux PC.
- Even the different versions of the ROM are titled ‘baked potato’, ‘dumaloo’ etc.
- This tutorial shows how to configure TorGuard VPN on any ASUS Stock router.
If you experience problems syncing, you can lower this to -j 3 or -j 2.